Garbine Muguruza has decided to take an indefinite hiatus from tennis. The 29-year-old had announced earlier in the season that she would sit out the clay and grass-court season.Meanwhile, the Spanish is engaged to Spanish model Arthur Borges, with whom she is soon to marry.A couple of days ago, the beautiful Spanish tennis player shared a story on her official Instagram account of hers as she attended a training session of Elina Svitolina.The two-time Grand Slam champion was very impressed by the game of Ukraine, calling her: Inspiring.Here is the video:
Garbiñe Muguruza watching Elina Svitolina practice
If she’s near the practice courts, this means the return of Garbiñe is upon us. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/NCvj5mmAo1
— The Tennis Letter (@TheTennisLetter) July 19, 2023
Garbine Muguruza talks about her wedding vows
Through her social channels, specifically through Instagram, the Spanish tennis champion Garbine Muguruza has published her engagement photo with the model Arthur Borges.
The Roland Garros 2016 and Wimbledon 2017 champion told how she met the man of her life, revealing that the two met for the first time in New York.Garbine then explained what piqued her interest about her future husband. In fact, on her Instagram, the Spanish made it clear to her followers that she was officially engaged: “It was a rather strange thing.
I was thinking of something else and he made me the proposal, I started crying. I didn’t know how to react, I said yes through tears. It was very romantic.”Garbine Muguruza hasn’t played a tennis match since January 30, 2023.The former world number one played in the first round in Lyon, losing against the young Linda Noskova.
A surprise knockout and probably the last match for some time. Muguruza has in fact revealed that she will not play any tournaments on clay or grass.Recently the former Grand Slam champion left the following message on Instagram: “I am spending time with my family and friends.
It has been very useful and healthy and I think I will extend this period until the summer. I therefore announce that I will miss the clay and grass matches.”According to some rumors it would seem that Muguruza could return directly to the American tour after the Wimbledon tournament.
She could go back to Canada or directly to the United States for the US Open, perhaps doing a couple of preparation tournaments.In an interview with Marca Garbine you clarified the reasons for this choice: “I will take a break from competitions in the coming months, my team and I will continue to train and I will come back when I feel ready. Last year I put too much pressure on myself, I was obsessed with winning games and trying to stay on top.”